This is a record of AA (3rd Level Regional Leagues), Semi-Pro State Football Leagues and Amateur Gridiron Development Leagues.
For AAA (2nd Level / NFL Rivals) see the following sections:
- American Football Leagues Era (1920-1950): https://eirball.ie/american-football-leagues-era-1920-1950/
- United States Football Leagues Era (1960-1985): https://eirball.ie/united-states-football-leagues-era-1960-1985/
- Arena / Indoor Football Leagues (1986-Present): https://eirball.ie/arena-indoor-football-leagues/
- Legends Football Leagues (2004-2020): https://eirball.ie/legends-football-leagues/
- XFL Football Leagues Era (1990-2020): https://eirball.ie/xfl-football-leagues-era-1990-2020/
AA American Football Leagues
AA American Football Leagues are Regional Professional Leagues, that come below the National Football League and AAA American Football Leagues.
They are Regional in character i.e. being entirely based in either the Northeast/East Coast; Midwest; South or West.
Eastern Football Leagues
Mid-Western Football Leagues
Southern Football Leagues
Western Football Leagues
Semi-Pro State Football
The first Professional American Football League in America that openly paid its players was the Ohio League (1902-1919). Four of its leading teams, including the Canton Bulldogs asked teams in Pennsylvania and New York State to form a National League in 1920 – thus the NFL was born.
Semi-Pro Leagues exist all over USA, organised roughly on state lines.
Below you will find a link to Irish Connections throughout the USA
New York Metropolitan Area:
National Football League (Seasons): 1902
Indiana State Football Championship (Seasons): 1920
Northwest Leagues (Washington & Oregon)
Cal-exico (California-Mexico Leagues)
Gridiron Development Leagues
Gridiron Development Leagues are American Football Leagues where the players aren’t paid in order to continue their College Eligibility. Players can thus continue playing American Football after High School, even though they didn’t get on a NCAA College team. They can thus enroll in Private Tuition and use this as a stepping stone to full University Courses & College Teams or Semi-Pro or Pro Football. It can suit players with a slower Development in High School than those who went on to University.
Gridiron Development Football League (Overviews):
Gridiron Development Football League (Seasons):