Welcome to the Eirball – Irish, North American & World Sports Archive.
The Eirball Irish North American & World Sports Archive is intended to be an historical archive of North American, World, British & Irish sports results in Ireland, and the Irish Abroad.
Sports such as the ones below have a rich history in Ireland, or are in some cases just taking off in this country, and the record is incomplete or non-existent on the relevant organisations websites as far as results are concerned bar the most recent seasons. The aim of the Eirball website is to fill in the gaps in the statistical history of these sports in Ireland, and the Irish playing them around the World. For more details on what is currently covered in each of these sports scroll down, or alternatively click on the links (in Blue-Green) to be brought to the main page of each of the sports.
Major League Sports American Football , eirball.ie/american-football-ireland/ , Basketball ,Ice & Inline Hockey , Baseball-Softball , Softball ,Australian Football , Rugby League , Netball , Lacrosse , Soccer , Rugby , Hockey ,Cricket
Gaelic Games eirball.ie/hurling ,Gaelic Football , Camogie , Ladies Gaelic Football , International Rules , Handball , Poc Fada , Rounders , Scottish Shinty , Welsh Baseball , Eton Fives , Medieval Celtic ,
World Sports ,Native European Sports , West European Sports , East European Sports , Asian Sports , Australian Sports , North American State Sports , Native American Sports , Central American Sports , South American Sports West European Sports (Dutch Korfball, Finnish Pesapallo, Portuguese Roller Hockey) East European Sports (Russian Bandy)Australian Sports (Aboriginal Marn Grook), Asian Sports (Indian Kabaddi, Malaysian-Thai Sepak Takraw) African Sports (South African Ringball) North American Sports (Canadian Ringette), Native American Sports (Choctaw Stickball), Central American & Caribbean Sports (Aztec-Mexica Ulama & Maya Pok-ta-Pok) South American Sports (Argentinian Cestoball).
World American Football: USA American Football , Canadian Football Leagues , Indoor American Football , World American Football , USA College Football , Female American Football , Minor League American Football ,USA High School Football , American 7s , Flag Football World .
World Soccer: World Soccer
Olympic Sports Athletics , Swimming , Winter Sports , X-Games , Weightlifting, Gymnastics. Other Olympic Games (Community Games , Special Olympics , Tailteann Games , Country Games (Macra) ,Gay Games) Combat Sports: Boxing, Wrestling, Martial Arts, Fencing , UFC , Sumo Traditional Combat Sports (Bare-Knuckle Boxing, Mud wrestling, Jousting), Modern American Combat (WWE, Gladiating, MMA, UFC), Modern Martial Arts (Judo, TaeKwonDo), World Combat Sports (Sumo, Capoeira, Kickboxing).
Implement Sports Badminton , Tennis , Squash , Table Tennis , Real Tennis , Padel , Golf , Snooker , Croquet , Polo & Polocrosse . Sports played with an implement e.g. Racquet, Club, Cue or Mallet: Racquet Sports Badminton, Tennis, Squash, Table Tennis, Rackelon, Real Tennis, Racquetball, Padel, Club, Cue & Mallet Sports Golf, Snooker & Pool, Croquet, Polo & Polocrosse
Target Sports Sports using a target such as a Dartboard or a jack (Bowling) Bowling & Curling , Lawn Bowls , Indoor Bowling , Tenpin Bowling , Petanque , Curling Bowling (Curling, Lawn, Tenpin, Road, Petanque, Indoor, Skittles, Boccia), Darts , Archery , Target Shooting , Jugger , Paintball / Airsoft , Laser Tag , Capture the Flag Target Sports Darts, Archery, Crossbow, Target Shooting, Jugger, Paintball, Airsoft, Laser Tag (Quasar), Capture the Flag.
Power Sports: Racing Point-to-Point , Harness Racing , Equestrian, Polo & Polocrosse , Greyhound Racing , Pigeon Racing, Modern American Racing (Texas Rodeo, Colorado Pack Burro Racing, Alaska Dog Mushing, Montana Cowboy Polo).Boat Sports , Bicycle Sports , Air & Drone Racing , Motorsport , Stock Car Racing , Boat Sports Rowing, Sailing, Canoeing, Speedboat Racing, Bike Sports Cycling, Mountainbiking, BMX, Motorbike Racing, Air Sports Hang Gliding, Hot Air Ballooning, Drone Racing, Air Racing. Motorsport Ireland Rallying, Autocross, Hill Climbing, Formula (Mondello Park)
Games Board Games , Card Games , Computer Games Board Games (Chess), Card Games (Bridge & poker), Table Games (Table football), RPGs & LARPS, Wargames, Children’s Games (Tiddlywinks),Computer Games (Fantasy Sports, Robot Football, Capture the Flag, Prediction Games, Elimination Games).
Musical & Dance Sports Cheerleading Fiddle Contests, Battle of the Bands, Rap Contests, Ballroom Dancing, Cheerleading, Breakdancing, Modern American Dancing
In addition there are Irish Abroad, playing in World Sports and Major League sports. Sometimes there are Ireland International Teams in the World Sports or the sport is played in a College Society (such as Kabaddi in the Indian Trinity Society or Sepak Takraw in UCD Sepak Takraw Club)
Major Leagues (World Gridiron, World Basketball, World Ice Hockey, World Baseball-Softball, World Soccer, World Rugby Union, World Hockey, World Cricket, World Australian Rules, World Rugby League, World Lacrosse and World Futsal and Arena Soccer). There are also Irish playing in the National Sports of the World’s Countries and Irish involvement in the State Sports of the USA, Canada and Australia and Indigineous Sports Worldwide.
This archive has been researched since 2014 by Enda Mulcahy as part of a Web Design Masters Research Project, and since 2019, as an ongoing project, the aim of which is to provide as complete an account as is possible of the above sports. The author has been collecting Irish, North American and World Sports Results and Annuals since 1982.
There are still gaps in the record so if you can help fill them in, Eirball would be very grateful.
Click the links in the Navigation Bar at the top of the Page (Just below the Photo) or in the links provided below to be brought to the index pages for each of the Sports, Leagues and Competitions , from where you can find links to each season, decade overviews and roll of honour (Links are in Blue-Green)
Links to Index Pages for Sports
Major League Sports
American Football Ireland
- American Football The Irish American Football Association was formed in 1986 and reformed in 2001.
Images: Current American Football Ireland Logo [Ref: 3]
American Football Ireland Leagues
A. American Football Ireland Leagues : Irish American Football League – almost complete results of Irish American Football League (1986-present) International American Football almost complete results of International American Football in Ireland and Irish Teams Abroad (1942-present) American Football Competitions, Almost Complete Results of the College Championship (2006-present),
B. 8-a-side American Football, Almost Complete Results of the Junior Kitted League (2014-present), DV8 Development League (2008-2013), plus incomplete results of Junior American Football & DV8 Football (1991-2007) American Football Ireland 2nds. Junior American Football.
C. Canadian Football A number of Canadian Football teams have visited Ireland and played Irish American Football teams, with Canadian rules sneaked into the matches, as well as one Canadian High School regular season match.
D. American Football Ireland Flag : Irish Flag Football Almost complete results of the Irish Flag Football League (2014-present). Irish Flag Football Blitzes (Incomplete Record 1985-present International Flag Football almost complete Results of Irish International teams & Club International Tournaments played in Ireland (1997-present). Champions Bowl (2016-2018). Other Flag Football (Incomplete record of Schools, Junior, College & Indoor Flag Football Women’s Flag Football.
E. E-Football : NFL Ireland Fantasy Football Final Tables (2014-2019) Robot Football, Madden NFL, Fantasy Football, Elimination Football.
F. American 7s.
American Football Ireland Teams, Players, Records & Yearbooks
E. Irish American Football Teams (Almost complete history – results & yearly W-L records for almost every Irish American Football team, plus a few 8-a-side and Flag football teams.
F. Irish American Football Players, Coaches & Officials– incomplete record of Irish Players who have played in the NFL, Minor Pro Leagues, NCAA, or European Leagues. Also some of the Officials who have served Irish American Football Associations down through the years.
G. Irish American Football Yearbooks Team Squad Listings for each year (incomplete)
H. Irish American Football Records incomplete record of yearly scoring charts, All-Time Won-Loss Records. Roll of Honour (Division Winners). Timeline.
American Football Ireland Players & Personnel
World American Football
USA American Football
A. National Football League (USA) – NFL & AAA Leagues: Final Tables for National Football League (1920-Present). American Football Leagues Era (USA – 1920s-1950), United States Football Leagues Era (1951-1985). XFL Leagues (2000-Present), Minority Football Leagues (2020), National Football League USA, Early Pro American Football (1890-1919) , American Football Leagues Era (1920-1950) , United States Football Leagues Era (1960-1985) , Indoor American Football , XFL Football Leagues Era (1990-2020)
B. USA American Football Leagues – Minor Leagues: Some AA American Football Leagues (East, Midwest, South, West). Some Semi-Pro State Leagues, Gridiron Development Leagues (2015-Present) AA American Football Leagues , Indoor Football Leagues, Semi-Pro State Leagues , Gridiron Development Leagues.
Reduced Numbers Football
E. Indoor Football Leagues (8v8 American Football): Indoor Football Leagues (1991-present). Arena Football League Final Tables (1986-2019), AFL Global & World Indoor Football (2010-Present), AA Indoor Football League (North East, South East, Midwest, Texas, West – 2000-Present), A Indoor Football Leagues (Cali-Baja-Nevada, Pacific North West 2010-Present).
F. Flag American Football: World E-Football (2016-Present). Flag Football World ,
G. American 7s: American 7s,
H. E-Football: World E-Football.
World American Football
I. World American Football National Football League International (1950-Present), American Football World Cups Results & Tables (1999-Present). Mexican Football Leagues (2014-Present), Japanese X-League (2017-Present). World Pro American Football , International American Football , Japan American Football , Europe American Football , Oceania American Football , Kontinental American Football (Asia-Russia) , Latin American Football , African American Football
J. Canadian Football Leagues Canadian Football League (1950-Present). Canadian Semi-Pro Provincial Leagues (2010-Present). Canadian Junior Football League (1890s-Present)
J. Canadian Football A number of Canadian Football teams have visited Ireland and played Irish American Football teams, with Canadian rules sneaked into the matches, as well as one Canadian High School regular season match. Canadian Football Leagues Canadian Football League (1950-Present). Canadian Semi-Pro Provincial Leagues (2010-Present). Canadian Junior Football League (1890s-Present)
K. Mexican American Football Leagues Liga Football Americano (2016-Present), Mexican Pro Leagues (2014-Present), Mexican College Football (1933-Present), Mexican State Leagues.
L. USA Armed Forces Football: US Armed Forces in Europe Roll of Honour (1917-1990). US Air Force & Army Football.
Major League Sports
North American Sports
The Amateur Basketball Association of Ireland (now Basketball Ireland) was formed in 1947
Current Basketball Ireland Logo [Ref: 4]
Final Tables for the Men’s & Women’s National Leagues (1975-present). results & tables for the National Leagues & Area Boards (about 2015-present), Schools Cup Finals (1990s-present), Colleges Results (2016-present). All-Ireland County Championship finals (1953-1972).
National Basketball Competitions:
Basketball National Leagues , Basketball National Cups , International Basketball , Amateur Basketball Association of Ireland 1947-1979 , Basketball Tournaments ,Wheelchair Basketball , 3×3 Basketball , Basketball Clubs , Basketball Players,
Schools & Colleges (Underage) Basketball:
Underage & Colleges Basketball , Colleges Basketball , All-Ireland Schools Basketball League , All-Ireland Schools Basketball Cup , All-Ireland Schools Basketball Finals , Schools Basketball Inter Regionals , Dublin Schoolgirls Basketball , Mini Basketball , Community Games Basketball
Basketball Area Boards:
Basketball Area Boards , Dublin Ladies Basketball Board , Dublin Men’s Basketball Board , Midlands Area Basketball Board , South East Basketball Boards , Cork Ladies Area Board , Cork Men’s Basketball Board , Kerry Area Basketball Board , North Munster Basketball Board, Galway Area Basketball Board , Mayo Area Basketball Board , North Connacht Area Boards, North West Area Board , Basketball Northern Ireland , North East Basketball Board
World Basketball. World Basketball /
The Belfast Giants were formed in 2000 and the Irish Ice Hockey Association was formed in 1996 although the History of Irish Ice Hockey & Inline (Roller) Hockey dates back to 1910
Current Irish Ice Hockey Association Logo [Ref: 5]
Final tables for Elite Ice Hockey League (2000-Present) Irish Ice Hockey Leagues (2007-2010 & 2016-present), Irish Inline Hockey Leagues (1999-present), what is known of Roller Hockey (1910 -1990s), the Ice Hockey Leagues in Northern Ireland from the 1940s-1960), Ireland’s involvement in the World Championships (2003-2013 & 2017-present).
4. Baseball-Softball: The Irish Baseball and Softball Association (Now Baseball Softball Ireland) was formed in 1989, although there were Leagues dating back to the 1940s. Baseball and Softball are two related bat and ball games similar to Rounders, although Baseball includes fast overarm pitching and a bigger field. Softball comes in three main varieties: Fastpitch, which is basically Women’s Baseball, and includes as its name suggests fast pitches. Slowpitch, which gives its name to Softball, as the pitch is in a slow arc (this version is mixed recreational) and Indoor Softball, which uses a soft ball like a tennis ball. contrary to its name both Baseball and Softball use hard balls.
Baseball The almost complete results of the Baseball Ireland , , Irish Baseball League (1997-present) A-League & B-League Results. International Baseball (1997-present). International Baseball Irish National Team Tours of North America, European Championships, Baseball Ireland International Tournaments, Ulster Baseball Championships (International). What is known of the Regional Youth Baseball Leagues (1940s-1980s). Results of American Teams in Ireland 1890s-Present. Little League Baseball (1990s-present).Little League & Youth Baseball. Irish Baseball Championships (Youth) 1960s to 1980s. Little League Results & Finals 1990s-Present.
Softball: Softball Exgtensive results for National, Provincial, International and other Softball. Softball Ireland Cup Finals for Softball Ireland National Club Championship (1990s-present), Irish Open Softball Trophy (1990s-present), Brian Walshe Cup (ISA Cup) 1990s-Present. Some Seasons Results. International Softball (Ireland’s All-Time Results in Fastpitch European Championshps, Slowpitch Mixed Eueopean Chsmpionships, Slowpitch Men’s European Championships). Some Canada Cup and World Championship Results (Fastpitch). Leinster Softball Final tables for Leinster Softball League (1995-present), Results for the Premier League / Division 1 1990-Present. Some Cup Results. Women’s Leinster Softball League (2007-2011) Ulster Softball ,Softball Ulster League Final Tables (2009-present) Results (2016-Present),Munster Softball. Munster Softball League 2010-2012 Results. Connacht Softball A few Blitzes, Galway Cups. and what is known of Winter Softball (Indoor Softball & Intervarsity Softball) Softball Blitzes (The “Football Fives” of Softball: Fast, furious and fun. Blitzes are usually played over the course of a day in aid of Charity. Matches are timed (Usually 50 minutes with a 10-minute break). There is one automatic out when the batter steps up to the plate (Home Plate, which a batter must return to to score). Winter Softball (incomplete results for each year in Intervarsity Softball 2000-Present; Incomplete results for each year in Indoor Softball 2010-Present, Fastpitch Softball; first year of League in 2019-20: Complete Results
World Baseball-Softball Irish players in Major Leagues.
5. Soccer :
A. Setanta Cup
B. Football Association of Ireland Final Tables for the League of Ireland (1970-present) & League of Ireland B Final tables 1970-1985.
C. Irish Football Association
D. Women’s Women’s Soccer Women’s National League (2011-present).
E. Colleges & Schools
C. Intermediate (Provincial) Final Tables for:
- Leinster Soccer: Leinster Senior League (Top Division) (1970-Present).
- Connacht Soccer Connacht Senior League Final Tables 1995-1999. Top Level
- Ulster (ROI)
- Northern Ireland
D. Junior (County) League Final Tables for:
- Leinster Leinster Soccer Athletic Union League (2013-Present), Leinster Junior League (1975-1980).
- Connacht Connacht Soccer Roscommon (2005-present), Sligo (2006-present), Galway (2016-present), Mayo (2016-Present)
- Munster Munster Soccer
- Ulster (ROI) Ulster Soccer (Republic of Ireland) Donegal (2012-present) Monaghan-Cavan (2016-Present)
- Northern Ireland
World Soccer Irish players Worldwide.
7. Hockey Irish Hockey League Final Tables 2009-2018 (Men’s & Women’s). Results back to 2016-17. Leinster Hockey League Final Tables 2012-Present (Men’s & Women’s Division 1) Men’s Division 1 1990-2000.
8. Cricket Ireland in the ICC World Cup.
9. Australian Rules : Australian Football League Ireland Final Tables and Results (2000-present) (incomplete) and AFL Ireland Women’s League (2017-present). Super 9s/10s Final Tables (2002-2004). International Cup involving Ireland 2017.
10. Rugby League : Irish Rugby League Final Tables and Results (1996-present)(incomplete),
11. Netball Netball Ireland Winter League Final Tables (2009-present) and Results (2015-16 to present). Independent Dublin Leagues (Netball Dublin and Dublin Indoor Sports) Final Tables (2004-present)
12. Lacrosse : All-Time results & tables for the Irish Lacrosse League (2009-present) and what is known of the Irish Women’s Lacrosse League & National Indoor Lacrosse League. International Results back to ear;y 2000s. Lacrosse Championship Finals 1890s & Schools Lacrosse Championships (1930s-1970s).
13. Water Polo : Results & Final Tables for Leagues from 2015-16 to Present. Final Tables of Leinster League from 2015-16 to Present.
14 Futsal Football Association of Ireland Futsal League / Cup 2007 to Present) and Results (2015-16 to present). Regional Leagues (2015-present) (Athletic Union League Futsal League & Emerald Futsal League) Indoor Soccer : Colleges Futsal & Indoor Football Schools Futsal & Indoor Football.
A. Football Fives Mini-Football :(Local Leagues) Incomplete Tables for: Ireland: Football Fives World Cup (Ireland Qualifiers) 2016-17, Leinster Powerleague Spawell Dublin 2016-present), Astropark Tallaght 2017, Inter 7s Clontarf & Irishtown (Dublin) 2017, Arklow Town sevens (Wicklow) 1991. Munster: Killarney Athletic Seven-a-side 2017, Floodlit Soccer Waterford 2017, Connacht: Astroleagues Galway 2017
B. Street Soccer
C. Beach Soccer
D. World Arena Soccer Arena Soccer was codified in Canada, and is a version of Indoor Soccer played on converted Ice Hockey Rinks, with a wall instead of an out-of-bounds. The version played in Ireland is played in Community Centres.
15. Volleyball : Final Tables for the National Leagues dating back to 2000 . National League Results since 2015-16 and some years dating back to 1991-92. Northern Ireland Volleyball Final Tables 2000-Present. Regional Leagues dating back to 2015. Association Cup Results 2016-Present. St. Patrick’s Day Internationals and Celtic Nations Cups 1990-Present. Schools Volleyball Finals (All-Time). Colleges Volleyball (Final Tables and Playoff Results 2013-Present). Beach Volleyball (National Tour 2018-Present)
16. Olympic Handball Results & Final Tables for the Irish Olympic Handball Association Senior Leagues (Men 2001-present, Women 2015-present) Results & Final Tables for European Competitions for the Ireland Men’s team in Olympic Handball (1999-present).
17. Hurling Christy Ring Cup (Results 2011-Present), some County Championship and League Results 2019. Longford County Championship All-Time Roll of Honour.
18. Gaelic Football National Football League and All-Ireland Championship Results 2017.
19. Camogie All-Ireland All-Time Roll-of-Honour
20. Ladies Gaelic Football All-Ireland All-Time Roll of Honour.
Minor Gaelic Games
22. International Rules All-Time International (Compromise) Rules results for Ireland v Australia (Football), Ireland v Scotland (Hurling-Shinty), with what results are currently known for Ireland v Basque Country (Handball-Pelota), Ireland v USA (Rounders-Baseball) and Hurlacrosse (Hurling-Lacrosse).
23. Poc Fada The Irish version of Golf: Use a Hurl/Hurley to hit a ball up the side of a mountain and down the other side in as few goes as possible. Roll of Honour for All-Ireland Champions (Men’s & Women’s) . Known yearly Results .
24. Rounders Results & Final Tables for All-Ireland Senior Championships (Ladies, Men’s, Mixed) from 2015-16 to Present. Rolls of Honour for Senior, Minor, Feiles.
Gaelic Games Around the World
25. World Handball European Pro Wallball Tour Final Rankings 2016-Present (Mens and Womens).
26. GAA Britain There are seven GAA counties in Britain, with its’ own Provincial and County Championships. Britain GAA Roll of Honour (Football and Hurling 1967-Present). County Championships (one or two years) for London, Warwickshire, Yorkshire, Scotland, Hertfordshire.
27. GAA World There are seven GAA Counties that take part in the World Games, and have their own County Boards and Championships. Counties: GAA World Games Gaelic Football, Hurling, Camogie and Ladies Gaelic results 2016 and 2019. County Rolls of Honour for Canada GAA, United States GAA, Europe GAA, Australasia GAA, Asia GAA, Middle East GAA.
28. World Rounders Also played in England, Wales and Australia, and an Alpen GAA Rounders tournament (Italy, Switzerland)
Native European Sports
29. Gaeltacht GAA An Gaeltacht GAA Finals (2012-Present). Caid (a old name for uncodified Gaelic Football is still used in Gaelic-speaking areas to describe Football.
30. European Handball & Wallball European Handball Sports: versions of Handball are Native to smaller regions of Europe such as Frisia (Netherlands minority). sometimes a team game such as Pelota a Mano (Hand-Pelota). Wallball has emerged in recent years as a unified version of the different Handball games played in Europe. There is a European Peo Wallball Tour which Irish Players (both male and female) take part in.
31. Celtic Sports Sports with a similar background to the Gaelic Games, such as Scottish Shinty (Final Tables 2000-Present Mens, 2017-Present Womens, 2017-Present Universities. League Results 2016-Present. some cup results). Welsh Baseball Final Tables for Mens and Womens 2011-Present. GAA Brittany Gaelic Football played entirely by Natives in villaages and small towns in this Celtic region of North West France (language similar to Welsh). GAA Galicia Like Brittany Gaelic Football is played entirely by Natives in this once Gaelic-speaking part of North West Spain. Eton Fives – a version of Handball first played by peasants in the Middle Ages against the wall of the Church in Eton with a handrail running down one side. Possibly derived from an early Celtic British version of Handball. Medieval Celtic Sports Cornish Hurling and Manx Cammag – uncodified versions of Hurling and Football played in villages in these Celtic regions of England.
32. Native European Sports parts of Europe that have a pre-Greek or Latin language (i.e. pre-Indo-European) have clung to their own Native Sports: Basque Pelota (a version of Handball played by these unique people in the Pyrenees between France and Spain – there is a Handball-Pelota International between the two countries first organised by Eamon De Valera while imprisoned in Kilmainham Jail by the English Crown). Calcio Storico Fiorentino where Football was first organised by workers in Renaissance Florence in the 1400s. Still played today. Possibly an attempt to revive Ancient Tuscan culture (Etruscan is an extinct language with similar sounds to Basque). Georgian Lelo A version of Football is played in this Caucasian mountain republic which has recently gained independence from Russia. Dates back to medieval times andis possibly why Rugby is so popular in the country. The Georgian language, like Chechen has some similarities to Basque. Finnish Pesapallo A Finnish version of Baseball or Rounders where the players run in zig-zags through the bases. Considered their National Sports (see the Encyclopedia Brittanica for more on Pre-Indo-European Languages Basque: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Basque-language; Etruscan https://www.britannica.com/topic/Etruscan-language Caucasian Languages: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Caucasian-languages Finno-Ugric Languages: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Finno-Ugric-languages )
Alternative Team Sports
33. Roller Derby (Irish teams ranks in World 2016-present
35. Flying Disc Sports Ultimate Frisbee: Dublin & All-Ireland Leagues 2017-Present. Dublin Golden Cup All-Time Final Tables
36. Quidditch First Irish Championship 2019.
41. European Sports
A. European Basketball Sports
Korfball (Dutch version of Basketball – Results of Ireland in European Championships 2009-present
B. European Hockey Sports Roller Hockey Roller Hockey is the National Sport of Portugal. It is a version of Hockey played with a ball and Quad Roller Skates on a hard surface. There have been Leagues and competitions dating back to 1910 in Ireland.
C. European Baseball Sports: Pesapallo (Finnish version of Baseball – players run in zig-zags through the bases)
D. Russian Sports Bandy & Ball Hockey Bandy is a Russian version of Ice Hockey, – played with a ball rather than puck Floorball and Ball Hockey are similar sport played without skates on a hard surface. Results of Ireland in Ball Hockey World Championships.
42. Asian Sports
A. East Asian Sports Sepak Takraw Malaysian & Thai version of Volleyball, where all parts of the body are used except the arms.
B. South Asian Sports Kabaddi Indian Tag-Game – popular throughout South Asia.
43. Australian Sports
A.. Australian Sports Marn Grook (Australian Aboriginal sport)
44. African Sports
A. African Sports African Ringball South African version of Basketball
45. North American Sports
A.. North American Sports Ringette A non-contact version of Ice Hockey played with a straight stick and ring instead of a curved stick and puck. Popular in Canada.
46. Native American Sports
A. Native American Sports Stickball Choctaw Native American stick-and-ball game similar to Baseball.
47. Central American Sports
A.. Central American & Caribbean Sport Native Mexican Sports (Ulama: Aztec Native Mexican team game where hips are used to propel a ball part opponents, also known as Pok-ta-Pok to Guatemalan and Belize Native Maya.)
48. South American Sports
A.. South American Sports Argentinian Cestoball Argentinian version of Basketball
50. Tennis Tennis
51. Squash Squash
52. Table Tennis Table Tennis
54. Real Tennis Real Tennis
56. Padel Padel
Ball & Target Sports
Club, Cue & Mallet Sports
57. Golf Golf
58. Snooker & Pool Snooker & Pool
59. Croquet Croquet
60. Curling Curling
62. Tenpin Bowling Tenpin Bowling
63. Road Bowling
64. Petanque Petanque
Traditional Target Sports
65. Darts Darts
66. Archery Archery
68. Target Shooting Target Shooting
Team Combat Sports
69. Jugger (A Cross between Medieval Combat and American Football)
70. Paintball / Airsoft (Irish Paintball League 2008-2010, Irish Woodsball League 2010-2012, Millennium Paintball Series.
71. Laser Tag
72. Capture the Flag
65. Summer Olympics Summer Olympics Athletics Ireland, Swim Ireland, Sea Swimming,
66. Winter Olympics Winter Olympics
67. Special Olympics Special Olympics
68. X-Games X-Games
69. Tailteann Games Tailteann Games
70. Community Games Community Games
71. Country Games Country Games (Macra)
72. Gay Games
Traditional Combat Sports
75. Fencing: Fencing
Other Combat Sports
77. Traditional Combat Sports Bare Knuckle Boxing
78. Modern American Combat WWE, MMA & Gladiating
79. Modern Martial Arts
80. World Combat Sports Sumo
81. Horse Racing Point-to-Point
82. Greyhound Racing Greyhound Racing
83. Pigeon Racing
85. Harness Racing Harness Racing
86. Ploughing Ploughing
87. Modern American Racing
88. Polo & Polocrosse Polo & Polocrosse
Traditional Power Sports
89. Boat Sports Boat Sports
90. Bike sports Bicycle Sports
93. Motorsport Ireland Motorsport
94. Mondello Park (Formula)
95. Stock Car Racing Stock Car Racing
96. Motorbike Racing
97. Card Games Card Games
98. Board Games Board Games
99. Table Games
100. RPGS & LARPS
102. Children’s Games
103. Capture the Flag Capture the Flag
104. Robot Football Robot Football
105. Console Sports Console Sports
106. Fantasy Football Fantasy Sports
107. Prediction Leagues
108. Online Gaming
Dancing & Musical Sports
Dancing & Cheerleading
110. Irish Dancing
101. Cheerleading Cheerleading
112. Modern American Dance
113. Fiddle Contests
114. Modern Musical Sports (Battle of the Bands, Rap Contests)
Eirball was trying to make this website an All-Ireland Sports website, but it was just too much for one person. If there is anyone out there doing something similar for the four Major Gaelic Games and Individual sports please contact me at email@example.com and we can link to each others websites.
Give a donation to Eirball to help keep the Archive up and running and on the Web
 Dublin Tornadoes Shamrock Bowl VIII Champions 1993 Irish American Football Association (2018) Nostalgia – A look a some pictures from the archives [Internet] Available from: http://www.americanfootball.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/20171016_165339-1024×768.jpg [Accessed 3 July 2018]
 The 42.ie (2019) “17 counties represented in Ireland squad to face Scotland in shinty international” 31 October, 2019 [Internet] Available from: https://www.the42.ie/ireland-scotland-hurling-shinty-squad-4873548-Oct2019/ [Photo Caption]: “Ireland Players Celebrate with the Cup following the 2015 Victory” [Internet] Available from: https://img2.thejournal.ie/article/4873548/river?version=4873574&width=1340 [Accessed 9 April 2020]
 American Football Ireland (2020) AFI Logo 2020 [Internet] Available from: https://www.americanfootball.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/AFI-Logo-200.png [Accessed 10 February 2020]
 Basketball Ireland (2019) Basketball Ireland Logo [Internet] Available from: https://www.basketballireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/extralogo.png [Accessed 13 August 2019]
 Wikipedia (2017) Irish Ice Hockey Association Logo[Internet] Available from: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1d/IRLhockey.jpg/150px-IRLhockey.jpg [Accessed 6 March 2017]